Pages

Saturday 6 October 2012

London Fashion Weekend 2012


Basically a weekend advertising event for Diet Coke, Kinder Bueno, Compeed and Lavazza.

So my day began with an early morning drive to Newbury Park Station where we boarded the tube to Liverpool Street.


Once arriving at Liverpool street we got the number 23 bus to Somerset house. A beautiful location and the fact that fashion week was there a week earlier is enough for me - to think I may have walked the same cobbles as Alexa Chung. When we arrived we were not met by an endless queue we just gave in our ticket and walked right on through. To quickly realise that you could only pick up your show bag from the stall before security, then we were confronted by a sign which read: 'No Re-admittance'. Therefore we had to wait until we wanted to leave to collect it - which was a plus as we did not have to carry it around all day. However the queue was massive by the time we left, an organisational error I do believe.
We were not missing out, the show bag just contained a few measley samples from the above brands and in addition a self tanning mit, label m salt spray, cheap compact mirror, toothpaste sample, a smidge of Elizabeth Arden 24hr Moisturising Cream and the highlight of the bag a John Paul Gaultier designed Diet Coke!

I must admit the endless supply of Kinder Bueno was useful taking into consideration how expensive the rest of the available food was!

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but if I hadn't of got a discount on my tickets that show bag would of cost about £10 which I do not think the contents would have even added up to in value.

To be fair it was 'designed' by mulberry - more like they gave them permission to use their logo! However it is probably the closest I will get to owning a mulberry bag....



Luckily the dissapointment of the show bag did not arise until after a healthy day of shopping.


Shortly after we arrived we had a coffee and some free lemon and orange water before hitting the shopping!

Beginning the crusade of fashion with the Designer section meant that:  I would be disappointed that my bank balance couldn't stand a chance against the hefty price tags, have a spot of lunch and then finish the day on a high with the clothes that I could actually afford without having to live on half a can of baked beans for a month.   I must admit if I was loaded I would be in fashion heaven seeing as there were so many great bargains - Valentino Red Label dresses reduced from £1,500 to £700, that really is a bargain in my eyes, just one I can only dream of attaining.






My first Purchase of the day was..........
A pair of mittens!
These were not just any mittens - ( Read in M&S voice) - these were fleece lined 'Nelly' mittens and only £2.50. At this price everyone should figure what they are getting for christmas!
'Nelly.com' is an online Scandinavian brand that had a pop up store just that weekend, you could try on samples of their clothing but you had to order it while you were there and then it would be delivered within a week. Their campaign range  '5inch and up' designed by Sandra Hagelstam was what really interested me, the chunky knits and tailored trousers at reasonable prices was something to get excited about.

Not only did they have some amazing pieces to order they had sample shoes all at £15! Unfortunatly they were all in a size 6, and no combination of insoles, heel grips and stuffing could make them small enough for my size 3 feet.


-LUNCH-


My second purchase of the day was a leather clutch bag by Muuba. We all know that leather is a massive trend this season, this was definitely confirmed by the number of woman pushing and shoving to get their hands on a leather garment or accessory from this store. My first choice was a large slouchy hold all but I put it down for one second and a frumpy unyummy mummy took it straight away, however I am ever thankful to this woman seeing as when I saw her carrying it, it didn't look too good! This clutch was a match made in heaven, it is large enough to use everyday with a zipped section and a purse section, the soft robust leather and screw top fastening gives it an edgy grunge feel, but could also be dressed up for an evening out. I could not ask for anything more. At only £50 I was sold.

Check out Muuba Here

 -Cake Break -

Literally the best Grapefruit Juice I have ever tasted, I actually saw them squeeze 2.5 Grapefruits to make that Juice - AMAZING!


 After that last refresher I made my final purchase of the day (Dramatic Build Up...) A pair of velvet ankle boots by House of Harlow 1960. At originally £225 the price was slashed to an unbeatable £70. These shoes are so cute and comfy and look perfect with frilly socks, tights and dresses, unfortunately they are not so practical in the rain, but they are perfect for a dry spring/autumn day and I love them.
  



 I also updated my Elle subscription, which was only £15 for a year with free Benefit Rita Perfume and sample size Bad Gal Mascara.

So after a hard day shopping and browsing I made my way home and said goodbye to the beautiful Somerset House.





I returned home to Essex after a fun day in London with a few good purchases. I will however never buy a show bag again seeing as it was absolutely awful this year, to think two years ago we were getting full size Juicy Perfume and full size Elizabeth Arden products and now the highlight is a self tanning mitt and Aloe Vera Tissues, knowing my luck next year it will be amazing and I will miss out, but I highly doubt that.

Every year I say to myself I will not go again but I'm afraid I do, because every year I pick up those few items that are worth paying for a ticket and wanting to go again.






 What I am wearing:
Leather Jacket - Blue Valley at ASOS
White Shirt with Black Bow - JAM by Jameela Jamil at Littlewoods and Very
Scarf Print Skirt - MANGO
Pink Suede Loafers - Jasper J Conran at Debenhams
Clutch Bag - MUUBA 
Pink Lipstick - CHANEL




11 comments:

  1. The shoes you got look gorgeous, can't wait to see how you style them in the future x

    www.steffysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair!! :) so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, sounds amazing! your outfit and the shoes are fabulousss :D xx

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous boots and dip-dyed hair! Jealz of your LFW trip :)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your styling <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt like I was with you the whole day! Great post!

    www.onegirlsempire.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, and the outfit is so well styled.

    You have a lovely blog, maybe we could follow each other?

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute gold button details on your booties :) And i love the vibrant prints on your skirt xoxo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks would love to follow you,
      About to check out your blog
      x

      Delete
  9. What an amazing post! You are quite lucky my dear!

    New follower ;)

    Check me out at Lubalovely.com

    Stay Lovely,

    Luba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for following will check you blog out now xx

      Delete